A baby was left fighting for his life after catching chicken pox just days after his first birthday.
Edward Foxall contracted the flesh-eating illness from this older brother Alfie, three, at home in Peterborough on May 20.
His parents Laura, 29, and Kieran, 28, called emergency services three days later when he became breathless.
He then developed necrotising pneumonia when he arrived at hospital.
Edward was in intensive care for the next five days and doctors feared he could die.
But the youngster battled on and after five weeks of antibiotics he recovered and was able to go home.
Mum-of-two Mrs Foxall said: The speed at which the infection took hold was terrifying.
When we were told that Edward would have to go to Addenbrookes for intensive care, I hit rock bottom. That was the lowest moment. I was really upset.
I genuinely wasnt sure if he was going to come back.
We might have been telling a different story if he hadnt been in hospital the night his lung filled with fluid and the infection really took hold.
Doctors told Edwards parents he had most likely developed a serious bacterial infection and sepsis from the rapid onset of the infection.
Chest x-rays showed his right lung was filled with infected fluid.
Mrs Foxall said she hadnt thought Edwards chicken was serious at first because his brother Alfies illness had cleared up quickly.