Home Central Asia LAC row: India rejects China’s claim, says disengagement process not yet completed

LAC row: India rejects China’s claim, says disengagement process not yet completed

15
0

NEW DELHI: The ministry of external affairs on Thursday rejected China's claims that troops have disengaged at most locations of eastern Ladakh and clarified that the process is yet to be completed.
"There has been some progress made towards this objective but the disengagement process has yet not been completed," ministry of external affairs spokesperson Anurag Srivastava told an online media briefing when asked about the Chinese claim on Tuesday.
He also said the senior commanders of the two militaries will be meeting in the "near future" to work out steps to complete the process of disengagement.
He said that maintenance of peace and tranquility in border areas is the basis for bilateral relationship.
"We expect that Chinese side will sincerely work with us for complete disengagement and de-escalation," he said.
Earlier this week, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin had claimed that the frontline troops of both nations have "completed" disengagement at most locations of their border.
However, the Indian government sources had denied these claims as "incorrect".
Both China and India commenced the disengagement process from July 6 following talks between NSA Ajit Doval and Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi, Read More – Source

[contf]
[contfnew]

times of india

[contfnewc]
[contfnewc]